Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sweater Times


The heat of summer has reached my little part of Southern California. It hasn't gotten into 3 digits yet, but is hot enough that working on my new sweater is a no-no in the middle of the day.

About 5 days ago, I swatched for Francis Revisited with my Aurora 8, the yarn I was dying to use. After washing and blocking my swatch (I was a good swatch knitter =]), I measured it for gauge and I happily got both stitch and row gauge. High fives with Diana ensued.

And on the other side of the knitting basket (do you like that semi-clever little phrase I just came up with?), there was my dad's sweater. Was being the opperative word because I frogged it today. I started it last November as a combo birthday/Christmas gift. I got stitch gauge, but not row gauge, and I never blocked my swatch, so the measurements weren't even too accurate. I also hadn't worked on it since, oh let's see, probably January. My gauge has definitely changed since then, and I only had the front and part of the back done. So I used my ball winder to super-frog it (another of my ball winder's virtues) and now it is, once again, just a bunch of yarn. I'll restart it when school starts again (and I'll be an upperclassman!! Er, woman).


Peace out,
Sami

P.S. Diana and I are going to try to go to a knit night tonight, I promise I won't chicken out this time.

No comments: