Sunday, May 17, 2009

El fin de la semana

This week/weekend was great. I got new yarn (yay!) for the Muir and Shipwreck shawls and I got to hang out with Snowdrop (lots of music and chocolate there).

On Wednesday, Snowdrop & Hawthorn & I went to Eva's Needlework and bought pretty yarn. I bought some green laceweight for the Muir shawl (70/30 wool/silk) while Snowdrop got some mohair and Hawthorn got a skein of Malabrigo Worsted.

Yesterday (Saturday), my aunt took me to Santa Monica because one of the yarn stores there was having a sidewalk sale. Man, that store is expensive! I didn't really find anything I had to have, so I didn't buy anything. Afterwards, my aunt took me to another store in the area, Jennifer Knits. My aunt bought me 7 skeins of Prism Merino Mia for my Shipwreck shawl. It's a bit heavier than the pattern calls for, but I don't think that it will be much of a problem =].

In the evening, Snowdrop and I went to the movies and saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It was a great romantic comedy.  Then, we got Cold Stone ice cream, went to her house, and spend the next 20 hours listening to music, knitting, and eating a whole lotta chocolate.

I'm taking pictures of my friends for a scrapbook my mom made for me.  All of the pics will be in black and white, and I thought I'd post them here, too.

This is me.


And this is Hawthorn and her boyfriend (who is, ironically, my ex-boyfriend).


Peace, 
-Sami


No comments: