Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Silence

The night is very silent. Yes, there are the noises of the night creatures or of far and near traffic, but they do not muffle the silence of sleeping bodies. Every movement made by the person awake seems amplified and there are noises that ring out that were not made by the awakened person. I woke up around 1:00 A.M. from a nightmare and wasn't able to go back to sleep. It has been a long time since this has happened. I turned to my knitting, and I was comforted. Podcasts, and soon, gentle music keeps away the silence that brings back the childish fears of monsters in the closet. I don't plan on going back to sleep tonight, knowing that I'd just have to get up in too few hours.
Goodnight and sleep well.
-Sami
P.S. I sense Starbucks in my future.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: