Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Time

Whenever I say/hear that phrase, I always mentally follow up with "and the living's easy." Darn Sublime cover gets stuck in my head. Buut, it is summer time now, and I just cleaned my room two days ago, along with going through ALL of my books to destash them. There are huge piles of books by the side of my bed now, and now all of my knitting books, magazines, and needles are on my bookcase, which in turn means more room for yarn in my storage thingies (technical term, that).

So, I admit it, I'm completely OBSESSED with Susan Pandorf. I love her designs, and I have 6 of them on the needles, and almost my entire wishlist on Ravelry is her designs. Right now, I've been working on one in particular, the one I started most recently, Avalon. It is a lace scarf and I absolutely love it, I haven't got bored yet, even though I've done the same 2 rows 67.5 times over. I'm about 80% done with the half, less than 50 rows to go, but then I have the second half to do. I'll have to cast on right away, I think. I'm working on it in some yarn I acquired at Stitches, Wolf Creek Wools Lace Silky Wool, in Gray. I absolutely love the yarn, I'm such a sucker for merino/silk blends.

The other project that I've been working on, even though Avalon has been absorbing my attention for the past week or so, is the Rivendell Socks, by Janel Laidman. I've had my eye on this pattern for a while, and I finally started them. I love them! (Although, like I said, Avalon has been all consuming recently.) Working on them in Knit Picks Gloss Sock in Jade. It's another merino/silk blend, go figure.

Hmm, summer time, maybe it's time to block out Hemlock? I told myself that I was going to do all the handwash laundry today, maybe I'll add that in.

Enjoy that sun!
Sami

P.S. I planted some seeds a few weeks ago, and I have so many little seedlings, it's so exciting!

No comments: