Sunday, August 8, 2010

HP Madness!

In honor of the approaching premiere of the 7th Harry Potter movie (part 1 of 2) in November, my knitting group (aka TOSS) has decided to have get togethers every 3 weeks or so to watch the movies in order. The past two times (the Sorcerer's Stone and the Chamber of Secrets) have been loads of fun, with games and prizes.

Here's what I've won/received so far:

I won this by being one of the HP Bingo winners (we had to listen for HP words, instead of numbers and letters). It is Malabrigo Lace in Butter (and Stacey bought it when I was working, so that was kinda cool, too).

Malabrigo Lace - Butter

This yarn I won by being a trivia winner. The other winner was Stacey's 11 year old daughter, who knows probably as much about Harry Potter as I do (which is a fair amount. I'm by no means an expert, but I have read the books and watched the movies several times.), and Lynne, who ran CoS, created prizes from both of Stacey's daughters so they wouldn't be left out (so cute!). This is a Crazy Zauberball by Schoppel-Wolle.

IMG_5385

These yarns were in my goodie bag (Lynne made goodie bags - everyone grab one, trades allowed). They are both skeins of Alpaca & Silk from Blue Sky Alpaca. So soft. The lighter colored one is destined to be come a pair of Bamboo Mitts (gorgeous fingerless gloves - the color seems perfect).

IMG_5383

IMG_5384

The next gathering is at the end of August. And then on the 19th of September, Si, Di and I will be hosting the Goblet of Fire at my house. Dad just bought a new TV (Sony Bravia, 52", so cool!) so it should be really fun. And we've come up with tasks, and that's how prizes will be won.

-Sami

P.S. Oh, I bought the yarn for the Saoirse Shawl and the Victoria cardigan yesterday. And I may have cast on the Saoirse Shawl... heh. It was too tempting!

P.S.S. I created another blog for my gardening, Seed of Serenity. Check it out!

No comments: