Monday, August 30, 2010

Prisoner of TOS - Er, I mean Azkaban

Don't be fooled by the title, I love being with my knit night group! Yesterday was Prisoner of Azkaban (one of my favorite books, so the movie's awesome-ness doesn't mean as much to me), and it was a lot of fun.

Well, I'm not very articulate right now (woke up about an hour ago), so I'll leave you with some pictures!

These are the prizes I won! A pattern, 2 skeins of yarn, and a pretty handmade stitch marker.





This is a skein of Malabrigo Worsted (a hard find in our LYS's these days) in color Cabernet (oooh, I like the sound of that).

IMG_5548

And this is a skein of Manos Silk Blend in the illuminating color of 3008. Well, it's black. That's not too difficult to identify. Maybe because of the silk sheen we could call it onyx. Or hematite. Thoughts?

IMG_5547

-Sami

No comments: