Sunday, May 4, 2008

Don't Stop the Music

Diana's party was a lot of fun.  She actually managed to get Sierra and I to dance.  Diana decided to have a bit of a dance off.  Sierra and I partnered up (we are sisters).  As we watched the people dance, we realized that we really didn't want to dance in front of everyone because we had no clue what to do.  Plus, dancing would mean dancing in front of my boyfriend.  And he's never really seen me dance.  Sierra would have to dance in front of her crush, who happens to be her ex-boyfriend.  Dancing sounded scary.

Sierra and I ran outside and planned a very basic thing out.  We went inside and danced to "Don't Stop the Music" by Rhianna.  By the end of the song, a lot of people had gotten up and were dancing with us(thanks goodness.  I don't know what we would have done if they hadn't.)

After the party, I came home and danced in front of the mirror, realizing that I couldn't have looked totally idiotic at the party (to my greatest relief).  And it's a really fun workout.  =D


I realized, also, why I haven't been knitting that much.  It's not because I'm getting tired of it (though some may think that).  It was because it felt like I wasn't making anything for myself.  Yeah, the scarf is for me, but that's just something I work on if I've got nothing else to do.  And the other projects are for others, and I feel like I have a deadline, which I pointedly ignore.

But, last night, I cast on the Lotus Purse in One-Skein Wonders.  I LOVE that book.  Since my stash is pretty much a baby, I really only have single skeins of a type of yarn.  The Lotus Purse was the first thing I saw in the book and the one that I really wanted to make.  A few weeks ago, I got a skein of  Jo-Ann Debbie Mumm Souvenirs in a green color.  Last night it occurred to me that the yarn would look beautiful as a Lotus Purse.  So now I have a Just For Me & No Stress Project.  Yay.

-Sami

No comments: